Many thanks to ATEC PhD student Nishanshi Shukla and UTD alum Jayraj Dave for leading our introduction to Vedic Astrology! It was a whirlwind tour through the similarities and differences from western astrology and lots of fun. Thank you so much, Nishanshi and Jayraj!
Our workshop leaders also put together a list of resources for us to continue learning.
Get your vedic birthchart
- Reading Vedic Birth Chart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihieO3VdyWQ
- Mathematical explanation of difference in Vedic and Western astrology:
- Vedic Astrology for Beginners:
- Agarwal, G. S, et. al. Practical Vedic Astrology: A Complete Self Learning Treatise.
- Defouw, Hart, and Robert E. Svoboda. Light on Relationships: The Synastry of Indian Astrology. Weiser Books, 2000.
- Rao, K. N. Astrology, Destiny, and the Wheel of Time: Techniques and Predictions. Vani Publications, 2010.
- Sutton, Komila. Indian Astrology: How to Discover the Secrets of Your Vedic Star Sign. 2000.
- Critical Caste Studies and Astrology:
- Sukdaven, Maniraj, and Rev Ebenezer O Sodeke. “Karma, caste system and Vedic astrology: a critical analysis of the human destiny in the Laws of Manu.” Papers of Canadian International Conference on Humanities & Social Sciences, 2019.
- Norelli-Bachelet, Patrizia. “Caste, Culture, and Cosmos.” World Affairs: The Journal of International Issues, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2002, pp. 120-138.